So, let’s start at the beginning: After my Honda Hobbit was stolen, AJ picked me up this bad boy for $70 out in Burblandia and I swapped the seat and bars so fast I didn’t even get a good picture of the thing… so here is version 1:
I then got bored and slapped an 80cc Polini kit on it with some other goodies. But seeing as how I didn’t really know what I was doing, it was a quick bolt and go job with good results but not what it should have been.
Now winter hit, and I was sick of getting shitty range due to the big kit/carb so I dreamed up a plan on how to get more fuel on board. Instead of just slapping a top tank on like every other moped build in the world, I decided to use the space available and build a hidden “B” tank in place of the old luggage rack. While I was at it,the bike got lots of other fun and tasty upgrades:
Power coated 17″ mags
All stainless steel hardware
K10 hydraulic forks
Front BB7 disc brake
Case matching/Port work
Blah blah blah blah
Now I think it should just be sexy picture time:
Disc brake conversion plate I made on the ye-old trusty lathe
Disk all mounted up to the K10 forks
First stages of building the new hidden tank
Tank welded and cleaned up
Everything tacked and mocked up, ready for final welding
Base coat! SO CLOSE TO THE END!
MEGA Skip forward / FINAL BUILD!!! WOOO!!!
A few more small things to do. It used to be slow off the line and topped out at 50, now this thing flies off the line and hits 55mph no problem. Now all I need is some damn clutch springs! Haha!
P.S. MORE PICTURES!